In 2013, Rev. Josh Dinale outlined a proposal to undertake a renovation of the Parish Hall with the vision to:
- Create open spaces for individuals and families to connect and interact with one another whilst being assured of the safety of our children;
- Renovate and bring the current kitchen up to current OH&S standards;
- Create more storage areas for the various ministries that operate out of St Stephen’s;
- Create space for breakout meeting rooms;
- Revive the initial intention of the Church Hall being a place where the Coorparoo community would come together to connect with one another and grow in relationship with Jesus.
As the design has developed since that time, it has retained this original vision.
The St Stephen’s Parish Hall and Forecourt Redevelopment Project now includes the following works. Refer to the PROJECT FEATURES page for more details.
- Repairs to building structure and cladding from past termite and water damage;
- New kitchen;
- Refurbished toilets including new disabled accessible toilet and shower;
- New meeting and storage rooms;
- Acoustic treatment to main hall;
- New windows and doors including bi folding door to courtyard area;
- Refurbished electrical and plumbing;
- Internal and external painting;
- Develop new landscaped covered courtyard in place of existing upper carpark area;
- Refurbished church entry drop off road including provision for disabled accessible parking;
- New stairs and ramps connecting front of church to courtyard area.